The events she describes it has to be said paint a truly mind-boggling and deeply worrying picture.
'I'm going to shoot Pupil X in the face...'
According to Mrs X's statement her son was not taking place in an outside session of athletics at all - he was simply participating in a game of 5-A-Side football within a sports hall!
As football is obviously controlled by nothing more than a referee's whistle the first question has to be: what the hell was a potentially dangerous object like a starting pistol being utilised for? Indeed. what on earth would even possess a teacher to risk walking around within a school building carrying such a weapon when its use was so clearly wholly unnecessary?
Could this be the result of a staggeringly misguided act of bravado; or horsing around? The fact is no matter how much one reflects upon the matter a rational explanation seems all but impossible to find. Yet if the mother of Pupil X is correct in what she says - and I can see no reason at all why a parent would wish to lie - this incident then takes on an even more disturbing hue.
According to Mrs X the teacher in question (I do know the identity but will certainly not reveal this whilst an official inquiry is going on) actually raised the pistol and pointed it at her son who apparently initially had his back to the teacher. She then further states that the words: 'I'm going to shoot Pupil X in the face!' were spoken. A stupid, misguided joke surely? Yet as her teenage son then turned Mrs X alleges the gun was then fired.
This is what you do NOT do after an on premises incident...
- The emergency services were never called
- The parent - Mrs X - was not even contacted at any point - by anyone from ESC
- The injured pupil was instead kept on at school to the end of the school day. This also being just ONE day before he was due to sit his first important and obviously stressful exam!
- The Le Rocquier Headmaster had apparently been told nothing of the event
- The teacher involved had allegedly not reported the incident to anyone
- The shooting incident had, it transpires, also actually taken place at only the SECOND session of the day!